Wednesday, June 17, from 5:00 – 6:30 pm PST.
Waking Out: 2nd Life and Beyond!
Exploring our Emerging Culture of Embodied Awakening
CLICK HERE for the conference call recording!!!
Scroll down for the poem read during the community call, and the resources and websites referenced.
- Are you wondering what to look forward to beyond 2nd Birth and Wakedown Shakedown?
- Do you want to hear more about people’s experience of awakening, both before and after 2nd birth?
- Would you like to know about ideas and opportunities for awakened service?
- Curious about ways to spread the word?
- Are you interested in having more access our community’s creative expression and culture of embodied awakening, such as poetry, art, music, prose, essays, performance, and video?
- Do you want to hear the latest developments in Community Vision and Advocacy?
- Would you like to share your opinion about topic ideas and services?
Come join us for a lively conversation about our emerging Culture of Embodied Awakening, opportunities for sharing our collective brilliance and evolution, and the exciting horizons unfolding for all of us!
This FREE conference call was hosted by Communities Living and Inspiring Mutuality (CLAIM) and lead by the Community Network (CN). All were welcome to listen in and participate!
Conference call highlights include:
- Hear and share ideas about our growing edge of embodied awakening and its expression – from art, music and poetry, to academic essays and leadership.
- Learn about engaging opportunities and projects for awakened service
- Find out how these projects can help spread the word about this work
- Discover how community advocacy and organization is being represented by CN
- Give us your opinion: weigh in live on new topics or services you’d like to see, and participate in our new online poll.
Conference Call Details:
Date: Weds, June 17, 2015
Time: 5:00 pm – 6:45 pm Pacific
Host: Greg Aurand, of CLAIM
Call Leaders: Eric Grace, & Margit Bantowsky of the WDCN
RESOURCES mentioned during the conference call:
- List of community Volunteer & Service opportunities
- Waking Down Community Forum – this is temporarily off-line
- NEW!! WDCN FaceBook Page
- Take the POLL – tell us what Newsletter topics you’re interested in and how you like to receive your WD-related news! For the poll, click on the link and scroll down.
- Podcast: Holacracy and Waking Down with Deborah Boyar & Cielle Backstrom Podcast
POEM read during the conference call:
Sharing the season
Fragrant muzzled earth
reaching up slowly
And the sun speaks its welcome.
Roots go deeper,
Stretching into open air
Exploring depth and span,
She feels the urge to give something back
for what’s been given to her.
The bud begins to take shape.
Tight and round,
Full of her expectant power
Waiting for just, the right, moment
She opens in all her glory
Colors of a million fireworks
Displayed for every passerby to gleam,
To gleam the preciousness that’s available for them
The giving continues…
An impulse to bear something greater forms,
Moist tendrils develop
and a juicy filament is donated
becoming fruit to savor, delicious
delicious in its sweet taste and texture.
The full yes has been given, now
Over and over
The life of bounty and service
Uttered in simple terms of
Her growing grace.
You can know that too,
Not unlike her
You can find your roots
Feel the same ground and the suns lips
Unfolding into your very own majesty
Listening closely for what’s next,
Finding the colors to weave with others
In a menagerie of deliverance
From the ‘not here’
To a world of mystery, the ordinary, and radiance.
Come, share the season.
Did you get value from this community call? Would you like to know about community-related events in the future?
If so, then we encourage you to join the WDCN & CLAIM mailing lists!!! As of July 1, 2015, the Teacher’s Association will no longer be sending out emailings on behalf of the Community Network. This means that if you want to hear about future free community conference calls, or new developments in community expression, volunteerings, cool projects, and community leadership, you need to join our mailing list!! Go to the top of this page and enter your email address in the sign up box.
Another way that you can sign up for the WDCN mailing list is to shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of being on the list include:
- hear about community-based events, initiatives and resources
- stay informed about community service & volunteer opportunities
- hear about and participate in community polls and forum discussions
CLAIM has sponsored this call and is a 501(c)(3) – you can give tax-deductible donations and support our efforts!! Sending CLAIM money directly supports projects like this call happening in the world and future events for community development and education.!!! You can share your tax deductible donations at http://www.inspiringmutuality.org/donate.
You can join CLAIM’s email list and:
- hear about new podcasts
- hear news about mutuality groups and other support geared toward peer-led community group leaders
- receive updates on Community Builder’s Handbook
CLAIM website: http://www.inspiringmutuality.org/register
Also if you have any comments, questions, or feedback about today’s conference call, we’d LOVE to hear from you. You can send us an email at email@example.com